Monday, August 13, 2007

Trivia: Sunday Nights at Charlie's Kitchen in Harvard Square

Last night, as we tend to do on Sunday nights, we played trivia at Charlie's Kitchen in Harvard Square. Our trivia guy, or moderator for you snobs, is Mike. He's the greatest trivia guy of all time. It even says so on his business cards.

On a side note, just to let you know, I do not have shrine of Mike in my apartment that contains dozens of pictures and personal items. Christos, in his apartment of course, still has his collage of Tom Cruise photos with all the eyes cut out.

The game last night was a rough, tight one. That's sounds filthy, but it's not. Really. We weren't in the lead at any time, but after the final bonus round, our team somehow ended up in second place, and then first, after the winning team, Spider-Pig, admitted that they had more than six people participating, which is a no-no. Our team's name for the evening was "There's Always Room in Jesus' Camaro." Which is true. Our team's name last week was "Kirk Cameron Left Me Behind," and if my eternal salvation were dependent upon the whims of Kirk Cameron, I'd prefer to be left behind. "Show me that smile..." No!

Here is a sampling of other team names we have used:

  • Blood Cookie
  • Get Out of My Dreams and Into My Car, Trivia Guy!
  • Harvard University Plagiarism Society
  • Presbyterian Summer Social
  • What Would Freddie Mercury Do?
  • You Don't Know the History of Psychiatry—I Do!

And here is a sample of names used by opposing teams that I've enjoyed:

  • A Big Bag of Sweaty Dicks
  • Harry Twatter and the Cuntly Hallows
  • Mel Gibstein
  • Ninja Please...
  • Optimus Prime Rib
  • Transvestites, Robots in Disguise
  • Bi-Curious George

No comments: